Paper Submission Requirements
to the 8-th International Scientific Conference
«Modern problems of Mathematical Modelling, Forecasting and Optimization»
The authors should consider the exact order of the following items:
- authors’ initials and surnames with indication of scientific degree, full name of the organization in which the work is performed;
- title of paper;
- abstract in the language of a paper;
- keywords in the language of a paper;
- main text of a paper;
- list of references;
- annotation in English (if the language of a paper is English, then the annotation must be in Ukrainian);
- keywords in English (if language of a paper is English, then the keywords must be in Ukrainian);
- title of a paper in English (if language of a paper is English, then the title must be in Ukrainian).
Under no circumstances should authors submit previously published work, submit the same work simultaneously to multiple venues, or submit papers that plagiarize the work of other authors. The content of the paper should contain such elements as:
- introduction (the problem setting in general and its connection with important scientific or practical tasks, the analysis of recent researches and publications, which initiated the solution of this problem and on which the author relies on, the emphasising of previously unsolved parts of the general problem, to which this paper is dedicated to, formulating the purpose of the paper);
- the main material of research with a full substantiation of the obtained scientific results;
- the conclusions of the research and perspectives for the further research in the area.
All submissions must obey the following formatting requirements:
The volume of a paper is up to 20 pages of A5 format, and of a short report is from 4 to 6 pages of A5 format accordingly.
Sizes of the margins: the left — 24 mm; right, upper, lower — 18 mm.
Font Times New Roman 10 pt; ; line spacing is 1,0; paragraph indent is 1 cm; Alignment - in width. Authors are not allowed to use spaces for alignment.
Tables are numbered in the order of being mentioned. There should be a link to the table number in the text. The table number should be indicated in a separate line with alignment to the right side (for example, "Table 1."). Table names should be placed above the table with the alignment to centre. Minimum font size in tables is 8 pt.
Scanning of pictures is performed with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher. Pictures should be saved in jpg or tif formats. The use of drawings with colour elements is not allowed. The thickness of the lines (taking into account the scale) should not be less than 0.7 pt. The drawings should be centered. Drawings are numbered in the order of being mentioned. All inscriptions on the drawings should be clear and at least 8 pt. Numbered signatures are placed under the drawing with the designation "Fig. ", then the drawing number and the signature text are indicated.
Formulas are created in the editor of Microsoft Equation 3.0 or MathType. Formulas with the reference in the text must have a sequential numbering. The formula number is printed in parentheses near the edge of the right field. The size of the main font of the formula editor is 10 pt. The sizes of the symbols in the formulas are as follows: the usual — 10 pt, the large — 16 pt, the small — 11 pt, the large index — 9 pt, the small index — 7 pt. Scaling formula objects is not allowed.
References to the sources used in the text are indicated as follows, [2, p. 364-367; 5, p. 127; 7-9; 12], where the first number is the source number in the reference list, the number after the comma is the page number (the range of pages is given through the dash), several sources are separated by a semicolon or dash. In the reference list should be distinguish the dash (alt + 0151) and the hyphen, for example ... — 1986 — T. 7, No. 6. — P. 79-83. The page numbers should be specified in the reference.
The document should be saved in rtf or doc format. The file should be named as a transliteration of the author's last name with the prefix "A_", for example, "A_Petrenko(-Chubenko)".
In order to publish the paper in the professional collections of scientific papers, it is necessary to send a review on the paper by the doctor of sciences in the speciality, which corresponds to the paper's profile (in pdf or jpg format).
Thesis of Reports Structure:
- initials and surnames of authors with indication of the scientific degree, full name of the organization in which the work is performed;
- title of thesis;
- main text;
- reference list (if any).
The volume of the thesis is from 1 to 2 pages of А5 format.
Formatting requirements to thesis are similar to ones of the paper.
The document should be saved in rtf or doc format. The file should be named as a transliteration of the author's last name with the prefix «T_». For example, «T_Petrenko(-Chubenko)».